Today I’m posting a follow up to Part 1 and Part 2 of my san mai kukri commission. I was teaching a knife making class this weekend with two teenagers, one of which was my son, so I didn’t have all the time in the world to work on it but there were a few moments when I got to demonstrate a few things and I took advantage of them. Struck while the iron was hot, as we say. Anyway, I got the heat treatments done, polish and the first etching. Also, not pictured, I got the handle roughed out and ready for attachment. I’m going to be casting some pewter for the bolsters and for the cap – hopefully tomorrow. Here’s the new pictures, enjoy!
Just finished my latest video, a demonstration of casting pewter directly onto knives for bolsters. Enjoy!